The Pratt Museum preserves the stories of the Kachemak Bay region and provides a gathering place for people to learn and to be inspired by this region and its place in the world.
- The Pratt Museum accomplishes its mission through collections, exhibits, and programs in culture, science, and art.
- The Pratt Museum focuses on Kachemak Bay and the surrounding region of South Central Alaska. Stories and objects from other regions may be used to enhance learning and understanding of certain themes or to provide access to inspirational, relevant work being done in other parts of Alaska or the world.
The Pratt Museum is committed to fulfilling its mission by:
- Stimulating life-long wonderment and curiosity through relevant, creative, and interactive educational programs and exhibitions.
- Inspiring stewardship for the well-being of cultural and natural resources.
- Sharing information and ideas with honesty and respect for diverse viewpoints to encourage a more informed and responsible citizenry.
- Fostering trust, responsiveness, and a spirit of cooperation between the Museum and its community.
- Promoting institutional integrity, high professional standards, and fiscal responsibility through collaborative teamwork.