Goal: to explore our connection to history through the artistic exploration of personal diaries. The culminating exhibit will feature new, original, local art, inspired by personal diaries – either specific themes and subjects, or the concept of diaries and journaling in general.
Artwork Due: October 25 – November 1, 2016, 5 pm.
Exhibit: November 11 – December 31, 2016
- Artists may work in any medium.* Please inquire about extra large works or special concerns.
* please no live organics—living plants or materials with the potential to harbor insects*
- Diaries held in Pratt Museum collections are available for inspiration and reference. View the Pratt Diaries document for an overview and excerpts. If you would like to view extended entries, please contact curator Scott Bartlett.
- If not drawn from the Pratt Museum Collection, artists are responsible for obtaining permission or abide copyright law to use quoted excerpts
- Please include with the artwork:
- Source of inspiration (diarist)
- Brief statement (optional)
- Sale price or “Not for Sale”*
* sale price includes 25% commission *
- Artist loan agreement must be completed at or before drop off
Contact Scott Bartlett, Curator of Exhibits: firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.435.3335.