As we near the end of the schematic design phase, we wish to express our appreciation to everyone who has contributed ideas and comments along the way.
The following drawings show the exterior, floor plan, and elevations of the new building. The site plans show Phase 1 with the new building in place; Phase 2 is the long-range concept for the site, once the Woodard Creek restoration project is complete.
We are very excited about the building design. Some of the new features include:
- Dedicated space for education programs and community gatherings, both indoors and out
- Expanded gallery space with new and updated exhibits, along with additional
space for rotating exhibits.
- Expanded collections storage with state of the art temperature and humidity controls. Space for research, collections conservation, and exhibit preparation
- Additional restrooms, including a family restroom
- Full compliance with the Americans with Disability Act
- Increased building system efficiency for long-term energy efficiency
- A building designed for flexibility and anticipation of future growth